MUNICH City TOUR
… includes a mid-tour snack break in our traditional Market Place.
Food is a part of any culture, so arrive hungry and thirsty.
“We take you through the past and into contemporary Munich.”
Munich City Tour … includes our mid-tour Viktualienmarkt Lunch
… with choice of Silver Level & Gold Level meal immersions (See Notes at the bottom of this page)
The Munich City Tour is our foundation tour and covers elements of every tour we offer. In our open group, or private tours, special emphasis is given to local culture development, history, contemporary social topics, as well as food.
We recommend doing this hop-on walking tour in the old city pedestrian zone on your first day to land securely on your feet – e.g. learning which 5 laws tourist usually break – and eliminate wasted time in mapping out the city. This walking tour is more than just a sightseeing tour, it is about interacting, connecting and experiencing our city.
A scripted tour guide, or book, can give you dates, names and statistics. We take you further with an informative, educating and relaxingly entertaining style. Read our reviews on TripAdvisor, or on our Facebook Fanpage, and then join us. See why word of mouth remains our #1 marketing tool and why guests return to do this personalized and locally infused city immersion tour.
NOTES (Coronavirus information): Please bring a facemask with you to the tour, as this is the current requirement to enter vendor locations on our mid-tour lunch break.
City Tour Sites
- The Frauenkirche
- The Glockenspiel
- The Hofbräuhaus
- Karlsplatz | Stachus
- Marienplatz | City Center (Webcam)
- St. Michael’s
- The National Theatre | Opera House
- St. Peter’s | Alter Peter
- The Residence
- Viktualienmarkt (Market Place), for our included mid-tour Bavarian food lunch break
- Beer History (incl. “Reinheitsgebot”), Beer Halls & Beer Gardens
- 864 years of Bavarian/German History
- 3rd Reich History, including the Munich Beer Hall Putsch (Coup of 1923)
- Perspective on Dachau and Schloss Neuschwanstein (King Ludwig II)
- Stories of the Oktoberfest, myths, legends … and much more!
*Included is our complementary mid-tour Viktualienmarkt Lunch Special: 1x Bavarian Bratwurst, 1x ½L Bavarian Beer (or non-alcoholic beverage), plus our patented universal Beer Bottle Holder.
Open Group Adult: (21,00€ + 19% VAT) = 25€
Open Group Child < 12: Free + Pay-as-you-go for Viktualienmarkt Lunch
Private Group: Contact Us
Walking Distance & Duration
Under 3 kilometers | Under 2 miles
3½ Hours, and includes a mid-tour 1 hour guided Market Place Traditional Lunch break.
Schedule (Pre-registration is required for this tour)
Open Group: Monday through Saturday, excluding Public Holidays
Private Group: Offered daily
Meet & Greet Location
Public Transportation Station (MVV Schedule)
Hauptbahnhof | Central Station
Languages and Notes
- Open Group Tour Language: English only
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Student-/School-/University-Group Discount Tour Packages offered
- Private City Tour Language(s): English, German, Spanish
- Private City Tours available to: Individual, Family & Friends, Corporate and Student-/School-/University-Groups
- This tour complements and pairs well with our Bavarian Beer & Schnapps Tour
- For greater understanding, we recommend completing this tour before visiting the Dachau Concentration Camp Tour (D.I.Y. or Private Tour) and/or the Neuschwanstein Castle Tour
Silver Level Immersion:
Traditional Market Place Snack
i) Bavarian Food Options: Freshly made Bratwurst, Bavarian Beer, plus .
ii) All Bavarian. No artificial flavors, no colors, no preservatives, no additives, no fillers, no GMOs.
iii) Universal patented Beverage/Beer Bottle Holder ® … a 6,90€ value at Hermann’s Munich Souvenirs
Silver Level Immersion Meal Rate: Included in our tour rate.
Gold Level Immersion:
Bavarian Beer Hall Value Meal
3x 0,2L Bavarian Beer Samplers; OR
1x 0,5L Bavarian Beer
Traditional: Crispy Braised Bavarian Pork, Sauerkraut & Home-made Potato Pancakes; OR
Vegetarian: Home-made Bavarian Egg Noodles & Cheese (Käsespätzle), with Roasted Onions
Baked Apple Fritters, with Cinnamon Sugar & Vanilla Ice Cream
Gold Level Immersion Value Meal Rate: Additional 30€ (includes Germany 19% VAT and Beer Hall Server 10% Tip)