MUNICH City TOUR
… includes our signature guided traditional Market Place Lunch Break.
Food is a part of any culture, so arrive hungry and thirsty.
“We take you through the past and into contemporary Munich.”
Munich City Tour
… with choice of Silver Level & Gold Level Immersions
The Munich City tour is our foundation tour and covers elements of every tour we offer. Special emphasis is given to local culture development, history, food, as well as contemporary social topics. We recommend doing this hop-on walking tour on your first day to land securely on your feet – e.g. learning which 5 laws tourist usually break – and eliminate wasted time in mapping out the city. This walking tour is more than just a sightseeing tour, it is about interacting and experiencing our city.
A scripted tour guide, or book, can give you dates, names and statistics. We take you further with an informative, educating and relaxingly entertaining style. Read our reviews on TripAdvisor, or on our Facebook Fanpage, then join us to see why word of mouth remains our #1 marketing tool and why we have multiple return guests on this personalized and locally infused city immersion tour.
OKTOBERFEST Update: During the Oktoberfest, our open group Munich Tour will start with the traditional Bavarian Breakfast option, include additional Bavarian Beer & Schnapps Tour beer hall visits, and conclude at the Oktoberfest grounds.
City Tour Sites
- The Frauenkirche
- The Glockenspiel
- The Hofbräuhaus
- St. Jakob’s Platz
- Karlsplatz | Stachus
- Marienplatz | City Center (Webcam)
- St. Michael’s
- The National Theatre | Opera House
- St. Peter’s | Alter Peter
- The Residence
- Viktualienmarkt (Market Place), for a mid-tour Bavarian food lunch break
- Beer History (incl. “Reinheitsgebot”), Beer Halls & Beer Gardens
- 862 years of Bavarian/German History
- 3rd Reich History, including the Munich Beer Hall Putsch (Coup of 1923)
- Perspective on Dachau and Schloss Neuschwanstein (King Ludwig II)
- Stories of the Oktoberfest, myths, legends … and much more!
NOTE: Starting 30. November 2018, our City Immersion Tour includes visiting Christmas Markets
Open Group Adult: (21,00€ + 19% VAT) = 25€
Open Group Child < 12: Free
Private Group: Contact Us
Walking Distance & Duration
Under 3 kilometers | Under 2 miles
3½ Hours, inclusive of a mid-tour 1 hour guided Market Place Traditional Lunch break.
Schedule (Pre-registration is required for this tour)
Open Group: Monday through Saturday, excluding Public Holidays
Private Group: Offered daily
Meet & Greet Location
Languages and Notes
- Open Group Tour Language: English only
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Private City Tour Language(s): English, German, Spanish
- Private City Tours available to: Individual, Family & Friends, Corporate and Student-/School-/University-Groups
- This tour complements and pairs well with our Bavarian Beer & Schnapps Tour
- For greater understanding, we recommend completing this tour prior to joining the Dachau Concentration Camp Tour and the Neuschwanstein Castle Tour
Silver Level Immersion
Traditional Market Place Lunch Break
i) Bavarian Food Options: Bratwurst, Beer, Seasonal Fruit &/or Pickles, Pretzel, Dessert & Schnapps.
ii) All Bavarian. No artificial flavors, no colors, no preservatives, no additives, no fillers, no GMOs.
Silver Level Immersion Meal Rate: Pay-as-you-go
Gold Level Immersion
Bavarian Beer Hall Value Meal
i) Beverage: 1x 0,5L Bavarian Beer;
ii) Meal: Roasted Bavarian Pork, Potato Dumpling and Coleslaw with Bacon Bits; OR
Vegetarian Meal: Bavarian Cheese Dumplings (Käsespätzle) with Mixed Salad
iii) Dessert: Apfelstrüdel with Vanilla Sauce
iii) Digestif: 1x 20mL Bavarian Schnapps
Gold Level Immersion Value Meal Rate: Additional 30€ (includes Germany 19% VAT and Beer Hall Server 10% Tip)